🏃♂️ The best of the best
We’ve had an influx of new runners joining the newsletter in the last few weeks. Thanks, everyone! So, we thought it would be super valuable to share the most liked newsletters so far.
We also have some interesting facts about the New York Marathon.
Happy running, 😁
New York City Marathon 2021 Facts
- It was the 5th edition of the race.
- Men’s Winner: Albert Korir – 2:08:22 – It’s his first major marathon title. He placed second in 2019.
- Women’s Winner: Peres Jepchirchir – 2:22:39 – She also won the gold medal in the Olympics. The first woman to win an Olympic gold medal and the NYC marathon in the same year.
- They were both wearing the Adidas Adizero Adios Pro 2 shoe (probably the next shoe we will try).
- It’s the same shoe that won Boston.
- Our hero Kenenisa Bekele finished 6th in 2:12:52.
- Larry Tractenberg is the only man to have run the first New York City Marathon in 1970 and the 50th.
- Larry paid $1 to race in 1970. It cost $295 this year.
- Here is a bunch of celebrities that ran the race. Full disclosure: We don’t know who 90% of them are.
The Best of the Best
Below you can find links to the five most loved newsletter pieces of the past months.
- The best feel-good moment of the past Olympics.
- Does the perfect bedtime snack exist?
- We know nothing about injuries.
- Our running shoe lineup.
- 2 Second per mile faster per pound.
We look forward to keep providing you with the best running newsletter (that we know about 😉).
TOP 10 RUNNING BOOKS
These are all the books we’ve recommended so far. A lot of good advice and stories to improve as a runner.
- Running Science
- High-Performance Nutrition for Masters Athletes
- Long Run to Boston
- The Athletes Gut
- Running with the Kenyans
- The Genius of Athletes
- Born to Run
- Good to Go
- Stronger Than the Dark
- Strength and Conditioning for Endurance Running
- 80/20 Running
- A Runners High
- No Limits: The Will to Succeed
- Running on Veggies
- The Run Walk Run Method
- The Lost Art of Running
- Can’t Hurt Me
Happy running, and see you next week.
SHARE THE HRW (Happy Runner Weekly)
Spread the word. Your support will help us grow and help the running community.
Forward this newsletter to your runner friends, or use the buttons below to share it on social media.
Or share this link: https://happyrunnersummit.com/weekly/